The Former And The Following

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Why do I live in the past?

My thoughts are constantly thinking of what happened then and the wanting of those moments to happen again. I don’t live in the present, I don’t live in the here and now. The here and now happens, but I’m too caught up in the past to realize what’s going on, and how good I have it now. I’m so wrapped up in what’s missing that I once had. I don’t understand much of that.

There was nothing great about my past.
There’s been a lot of pain, a lot of lessons learned, and a lot of people leaving. Why then, am I still consumed with it?
I miss certain aspects in my life, but in the reality of it all. I have so much more now, than I had in the past. I have more knowledge of who I am, and what I want to become.

My goals are becoming somewhat attainable, and I suppose that also frightens me. I’m a dreamer. How can I dream about things if they actually start happening?

So wait, I live in the past, and I dream about my future? I sense a chunk of life missing somewhere in there.

Nonsense.

0 comments:

Post a Comment