Ponder, ponder.

Saturday, October 30, 2010

            Over the past few days, I’ve been given the chance to think and analyze life. Not just my life, but life in general. The life of the people I care about, people I don’t know, and all the people who are affected by what goes on around them. Everything is so complex and interwoven. They say life starts with a cell, one cell. To think that everything that’s on this planet was created through a cell, one tiny cell, makes me believe how fragile we all are. We are a being, placed together by the use of a cell that is duplicated and recycled in daily living. We go through countless amounts of cells, we shed them all around. This thing that we are so careless to dispose of is what makes us who we are. It gives us the characteristics that we are known for. The combination of our DNA predicts what gender we will be, how tall we will reach, the color of our eyes and hair, and the mindset we will arrive at. When I think of all of this, I think of how great our God must be.
            Take a look around you now. What do you see? Within the walls of my room is a door, created from earth’s own trees, a blanket, woven together with once fresh cotton, and paint splashed walls, created by the pigment stolen from the world’s pallet.
            Then there are people. People aren’t like a door, a blanket, or a bucket of paint. People are complicated and consist of millions of characteristics that make us unique individuals who are all so very, very different. In those millions of characteristics there are millions of things that could go wrong at any given time. Cancer may strike, illness may hit, and health may deteriorate. Thoughts go wrong, depression strikes. Will they take a life out of anger or confusion? Accidents will occur, along with everything else. At the end of the day, I come to realize that everything lies on a fragile thread.
We go to sleep, and we wake up thinking that everything will be how it was before our head hit the pillow, but everyday is a blessing, even if all we do is wake up. I take that for granted. I take people for granted. I take everything in my life for granted and I ignore the fact that I  have been blessed, and I am a very fortunate person.
            Everyone spins through there own solar system of confusion and conflict, and we all are so oblivious to everything that is going on in peoples’ lives around us. When I realize how much is going on, I feel overwhelmed and anxious and just want to sit and ponder by myself. That is what these past few days have been.




            Thank you God, for placing me where I am at in Your world. Protect those I care about, and all the people I don’t know. Be with the needing and the hurting, and I pray that one day I’ll meet them on better terms. In Your sweet name, Amen.

0 comments:

Post a Comment