Day 28: A Scar You Have And Its Story

Sunday, November 28, 2010

I only have a few scars. I'll tell you the one that had the most pain.

I was in seventh grade, we were on a field trip as a school. Location: skating center.
I used to be a pretty good rollerblader, ya know, back in the day :P So one of my friends wanted me to do the little competition of a race with my other schoolmates. I don't really recall much else to do with the race after that, I don't know whether I slipped on a little pebble or if someone actually did trip me, because my friends told me all different sorts of scenarios of what they thought they saw. Anyways, I remember landing flat on my chin, I saw the looks of all my classmates standing around the rink. They all had looks of horror. I was pretty embarrassed so I started to just get up. One of the football coaches/ history teachers jumped over the ledge and was at my side in about negative five seconds, and they had my mom on the phone immediately. I put my hands up to my chin and was half way through the statement of, "It's okay, I'm fine..." when I looked down at both of my hands and saw the crimson color staining them. At that point I freaked out into a panic. In the attempt to stop the bloodflow they put butterfly band-aids on my wound. My mom was over at the center in moments and was freaking out when she saw all the paper towels with my blood upon them. We rushed to the hospital. My doctor put in the stitches. I don't remember how many there were, but the gash is about two centimeters. I imagine the reason why there was so much blood was because it was under my chin. It's a pretty vulnerable place in the center of all of that jaw bone.

We'll I gave up skating, rollerblading, and just about any other sport involving high speeds and wheels. I haven't done anything like that since the incident and honestly I don't plan on ever doing that again. Call me a panzy :P

0 comments:

Post a Comment